While technically not in Palms, the closure of Overland Avenue from Ashby Avenue and Coventry Place/Dunleer Place to install rail for the Expo Line project will impact commuters in and out of Palms. This should not impact your ability to enter and exit the freeway, though expect traffic. Please use alternative routes when possible. The full notice from the Expo Line Phase 2 Authority is below:
|Location||Dates and Hours|
|Overland Avenue between Ashby Avenue and Coventry Place/Dunleer Place||9:00 p.m. Friday, November 22 to
6:00 a.m. Monday, November 25, 2013*
* Work will be continuous throughout the weekend
- Overland Avenue will be temporarily closed between Ashby Avenue and Coventry Place/Dunleer Place. Please refer to the detour map and follow detour signs for alternate routes.
- Local access in the closure areas will be maintained at all times.
- Electronic message boards, directional signage and flaggers will be used to direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
- Noise levels will be monitored to ensure compliance and the work area will be watered down to minimize dust.
- Parking restrictions will be strictly enforced at all times and signage with specific restrictions will be in place in all construction areas.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.
(Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons including but not limited to: weather conditions, unforeseen emergencies and other acts of nature.)