Palms had an excellent turnout for the Neighborhood council election – on par with many of our neighboring councils and an 18 fold increase in voter turnout from the previous Palms election.
Thank you to all the voters who came out, to the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment who ran the election, to the volunteers who made the election a success, to the IMAN Center who kindly hosted the election, and to all the candidates! A special thanks to David A. Holtzman, President of the League of Women Voters, who personally attended to administer the only Instant Runoff Vote in the City of Los Angeles (read more about IRV in Palms here).
The results of the Palms Neighborhood Council election have been certified by the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment and the new Board was seated on Wednesday November 7th at the IMAN Center, 3376 Motor Ave, during the regularly scheduled Palms NC General Assembly.
Click here for the final certified canvass of votes. The newly elected Board is:
- President (Term: 2 years) – Eli Lipmen
- Secretary (Term: 2 years) – Tanya Leal
- Residential Representative, Area A (Term: 2 years) – Natasha Ericta
- Residential Representative, Area C (Term: 2 years) – Shilpan Patel
- Residential Representative, Area E (Term: 2 years) – Andrew Pennington
- Business Representative, Area 2 (Term: 2 years) – Elise Rothberg